Report: Beyond the great lockdown - emerging stronger to a different normal
To help create a COVID-19 action guide for executives to build strategies and address new business challenges that come post-pandemic, the IBM Institute for Business Value (IBV) has published a framework of seven business imperatives in a new report: Beyond the great lockdown - emerging stronger to a different normal.
The report outlines seven business imperatives to help executive teams prepare to address the new challenges that arise in the wake of COVID-19.
- Empower a remote workforce
- Engage customers virtually
- Enable remote access to everything
- Accelerate agility and efficiency
- Protect against new cybersecurity risks
- Reduce operational costs and enhance supply chain continuity
- Support health providers and government services
The DNA of virtual work: three ways to crack the code
Virtual work is more than people working off-site: It’s the synchronisation of on-site and remote work, workplace and workforce – and this synchronisation is often lacking.
This article suggests three ways that organisations can make virtual work part of their DNA.
GSK’s Brian McNamara on the business impact of COVID-19
McKinsey & Company
When the pandemic started, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Healthcare set three priorities: caring for its people, ensuring business continuity, and being part of the solution.
GSK Consumer Healthcare CEO Brian McNamara discusses the changes the company has made to adapt to these unprecedented times, the critical role of a resilient supply chain in business continuity, and the importance of staying connected with consumers.
How to develop an AI strategy
Two Harvard professors analysed 350 firms to help identify the stages and steps involved in implementing a successful AI strategy. The key steps are:
- Develop one strategy with the goal to bring unity to the company while changing it.
- Clearly define the technical goals of the transformation so everyone understands what the future operating architecture looks like, focusing on centralisation and consistency.
- Develop a product-focused mentality which aims to take traditional processes and embed them in software and algorithms.
- Grow a deep foundation in software, data sciences and advanced analytics. Hire different kinds of people and offer them an appropriate career path and incentive system.
- Establish clear digital governance with collaboration across disparate disciplines, engaging with customers, partners and communities.