Upcoming webinar: The role of health during and post the pandemic
21 January 2021, 11:00AM
Join LCP (partner on Winmark's AHN network) for an in-depth discussion with the former Chief Medical Officer for England, Dame Sally Davies.
Dame Sally will be in conversation with LCP's Sir Steve Webb, Partner and Dr Jonathan Pearson-Stuttard, LCP’s Head of Health Analytics.
The conversation will cover the following key areas:
- How valuing health differently might have reduced the impact of the pandemic and is vital to building back better.
- The increasing links between health and the economy and what role the National Health Index, published by the ONS in December 2020 might play in this.
- Why does this matter to the corporate sector and has the pandemic changed the dynamic between industry and population’s health?
- What impacts might the pandemic have on mortality once the worst of COVID-19 has passed?
- Why the more silent pandemic of antimicrobial resistance could have much greater impacts on health and GDP than COVID-19 in years to come.
BoardEx provides a monthly rundown and analysis of CEO changes across major markets.
Moves this month include Mondini de Focatiis becoming CEO of Admiral Group.
She is the first woman to lead the company and becomes one of the highest profile female insurance executives, alongside Gail Boudreaux of Anthem Inc, Tricia Griffith of Progressive Corp and Jessica Tan of Ping An Insurance Group.
Her appointment also increases the number of female CEOs in the FTSE 100 to seven.
Getting business resilience right, and the five myths that stand in the way
Bain & Company
The number and magnitude of external shocks have been rising in most industries, yet the fixation on efficiency has made companies more vulnerable to shocks. Now, in the midst of COVID-19, more executives are open to investing in their business resilience.
While high risk can generate high rewards, more-resilient companies have nearly double the survival rate over the long run. Adopting the right resilience strategy requires dispelling five widely held myths.
- Resilience eliminates volatility
- It’s all about the balance sheet
- Past resilience guarantees future resilience
- Resilience should be handled by the risk function
- Resilience doesn’t require difficult trade-offs
Senior leaders will need to acknowledge the trade-offs involved and make choices around their revenue portfolio and their operations. With turbulence likely to intensify, improving resilience can position a company to thrive through the crises to come.