Most managers know that onboarding new employees virtually is difficult, and recognise the long-term impact a poor onboarding experience can have.
The more critical, make-or-break parts of onboarding include:
- Getting off to a fast start to give early comfort and confidence.
- Establishing a foundation for strong relationships across the organisation.
- Building an understanding of the culture and how work gets done.
- Setting clear expectations and connecting the individual’s work to the broader organisational mission, vision, and goals.
- Softbank. Junichi Miyakawa replaced Ken Miyauchi as CEO.
- Petrobras. Former army general Joaquim Silva e Luna has been appointed as CEO.
- OCBC. Helen Wong replaced Sam Tsien to become the first woman to lead Singapore’s second-largest Banking group.
New research shows that applying tech-driven operational intelligence can improve business performance.
To understand the connection between business operations maturity and performance, the study surveyed more than 1,100 C-Suite executives across 11 countries and 13 industries.
The research identified four levels of operations maturity - stable, efficient, predictive, and future-ready - and found that the companies furthest ahead are seeing stronger business outcomes than others.